CALL FOR PAPERS
Submission deadline: 1 March 2024
UNDERSTANDING VOLUNTARY AND FORCED MIGRATION
RESEARCH AND DATA NEEDS
To be held in-person at the University of Lille, LEM (France)
23-24 May 2024
The aim of the conference is to bring together leading academic scientists and researchers, members of international organizations and data producers to exchange their experiences and to share their research results on all aspects of voluntary and forced international migration. The conference also intends to detect the new needs in the field of the international migration analysis, to strengthen cooperation between participants and at the same time to reflect about the limits of current data used to study international migration and to discuss the different new data-gathering strategies.
The organizing committee invites the submission of high-quality academic papers that use different datasets (administrative, survey, experimental). Topics related to the voluntary and forced international migration include, but are not limited to:
- What drives mobility and the choice of migratory routes?
- What factors and policies influence the quality of the socio-economic integration of migrants?
- How integration impacts the health of immigrants?
- What shapes native attitudes towards migrants?
- What is the difference between forced and voluntary migration?
- What do we know about climate refugees?
Francesco FASANI (DEMM, University of Milan, Italy ), "From Refugees to Citizens: Labor Market Returns to Naturalization>"
Cristina TEALDI (Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK (IFLAME keynote)), "Winners and losers of immigration"
A discussant will be assigned to each paper presented at the conference